- FREE Unlimited Valuation Offer
- Medically Underwritten Loans
- NO Set Up Fee
- Cashback Option*
- Upto 10%pa Voluntary Payments
- Tiered Interest Rates**
- Cashback Options
Just Retirement are an established lifetime mortgage lender with a strong presence in the post retirement marketplace. Specialising traditionally in providing retirement income via annuities, they have naturally used the receipt of these pension funds to branch out to lending money in the form of equity release schemes. Having its own equity release funding model comes with its advantages and has proved the strength of the company in this increasing competitive lifetime mortgage marketplace.
They are not only a lender, but also fund other equity release companies products. Just Retirement offer traditional roll-up lifetime mortgages ranging from drawdown lifetime mortgages, to lump sum plans and also impaired equity release plans. Here Just Retirement use their experience of medical underwriting on cases where applicants have poor health and can therefore receive a higher maximum lump sum of equity.
The Just Retirement Lump Sum Plus Lifetime Mortgage scheme is designed to help homeowners looking to access the maximum equity release lump sum possible. In summary, this plan offers a two-tiered system of lending which is the standard & enhanced versions, depending on the health of the homeowners. This Just Retirement maximum loan plan offers a one-off lump sum cash amount on a roll-up lifetime mortgage basis. There is no requirement to make any monthly repayments back to the lender, hence interest will compound over the life of the loan.
The minimum property valuation acceptable on this Just Retirement Lump Sum Plus Roll-Up scheme is just £70,000 with no upper valuation figure in force.
Just Retirement will accept properties that are the homeowners main residence and situated in England, Wales, Scotland, but unlike their drawdown plan, this Lump Sum Plus plan is not available in Northern Ireland.
The Lump Sum Plus Lifetime Mortgage is available on both a single and joint life basis, along with tenants in common basis. The youngest acceptable age for any homeowner must be 55, with no maximum age limit imposed.
The minimum initial cash advance on this lifetime mortgage with Just Retirement is £10,000. The maximum equity release loan amount offered by Just Retirement is £600,000 in England only and limited to £250,000 in Wales and Scotland.
For equity release loans greater than £600k, bespoke quotations are available via Equity Release Supermarket. Please call 0800 678 5955 for your personalised Just Retirement Lump Sum Plus Key Facts Illustration.
The Just Retirement Lump Sum Plus Equity Release scheme is a single lump sum release of equity which is aiming to offer one of the highest maximum loan available. Interest rates are charged annually (AER) and the rate applicable will be dependent upon which of the two schemes is qualified for.
The Lump Sum Plus is available on two loan-to-value (LTV) tiers, which are:-
- Standard LTV which offers access to a greater tax-free cash lump sum than the Just Retirement Roll-Up Lifetime Mortgage scheme. This extra borrowing capacity does though come at the expense of a higher interest rate accordingly. The scheme is based on healthy homeowners with no history of poor health.
- Enhanced LTV which uses the underwriting expertise of Just Retirement in assessing whether health can influence the loan amount available to the homeowner. Should an impaired medical history be proven following completion of a health and lifestyle questionnaire, then Just Retirement's underwriters will gauge how severe the condition is. The more severe, the higher the maximum release of equity could become.
The main qualifying health and lifestyle factors which will form the basis of a successful Lump Sum Plus enhanced equity release scheme are: -
- age, height & weight, alcohol consumption, cigarettes smoked, high blood pressure (inc latest readings), heart disease (e.g. angina), stroke, heart attack, diabetes, cancer, Parkinson's, multiple sclerosis, dementia, chronic kidney failure, chronic respiratory disease, heart, kidney, liver or lung transplant. For additional health related criteria, please contact the Equity Release Supermarket team on 0800 678 5955.
Just Retirement offer a generous unlimited free valuation with the initial release of equity which incurs a fixed lifetime equity release UK interest rate.
Although this is essentially a lump sum equity release mortgage, Just Retirement will consider a further cash advance six months after the plan has commenced; should calculations dictate additional borrowing is available.
As a company Just Retirement subscribe as members of the Equity Release Council, hence their plans include the a no-negative equity guarantee. Therefore, upon the final sale of the property, the homeowners beneficiaries cannot be left with a personal debt to this home equity release company.
Although not designed to accept regular repayments, Just Retirement will allow ad-hoc partial repayments to be made back to the plan. The limit imposed by Just Retirement is upto 10% of the original capital can be repaid each year with NO penalty. Therefore, the future balance can be maintained at a level manageable by the homeowner & in favour of their beneficiaries.
Another feature that will benefit joint homeowners is the 3-year window of opportunity for repayment with NO penalty should either partner die or move into care. On such an event, the survivor has three years to repay the equity release loan without any early repayment charge.
*Optional cashback of £2,000 based on age & loan amount. **Interest rates are tiered dependent upon the age of the homeowners.
To obtain further information or to request a quotation on the Just Retirement Lump Sum Plus Lifetime Mortgage, please contact the Equity Release Supermarket team on 0800 678 5955 today.