Hi, I'm Ian
I came into the financial services industry in 1983, and since 1997 have been involved in the equity release sector. To say there have been some changes in that time is somewhat an understatement. Not only has the financial services industry changed, but the equity release market has now become more ‘user friendly’ and consumer aware.
I joined Aviva in 1997 working within their specialist equity release division. After spending eight years at Aviva, I then helped form an independent specialist equity release brokerage to be able to give whole of market advice.
In 2008, I left in order to help start up Equity Release Supermarket with the Founder - Mark Gregory. After dedicated hard work the company has grown to be one of the leading independent specialist brokers in the UK.
Over the last twenty years I have helped clients fulfil their aspirations by releasing some of the wealth in their homes, for various reasons.
- Gifting - helping the children/grandchildren onto the property ladder.
- Mortgage Repayment - to help with settlement as their term has expired, or had payment difficulties
- Upsizing - people wanting to move home to a locality of their choice
- Divorce - sadly this doesn’t happen just to the younger generation
- Holiday Home - help purchase a 2nd property in the UK or overseas
- Consolidating debt – those credit cards & loans which never seem to get paid off
I still have a sincere passion for this market, and I believe that with the right guidance and help – ‘equity release planning’, provides a wonderful way to help many people. If I have the opportunity of being able to help you in the future you can be guaranteed that I will take the utmost care in looking after you – “the customer always comes first”.
I live in Chorley, Lancashire and look forward to meeting you and helping you create your ‘retirement dream’.